- Team Cap: 18 patients (16 through Labor Day; will uncap for CAR T-cell patients)
- Intern Cap: 9 patients
Intern Daily Caps
- The admitting intern can admit up to 3 patients per day, every other day (Q2)
- No admissions after 5pm.
- If an admission page is received before 5pm and the patient is located in BWH/ED/DFCI then it is the day team’s responsibility. If the patient is an OSH transfer or direct admit (from outside clinic/home) then the note can be prepped and patient passed off to twilight intern.
- If there are more than 3 admissions prior to 4pm, the team resident will be asked to do the excess admissions, which will then be holdovers to the next day’s admitting intern
- If teams caps by census, new patients will be distributed to other oncology teams. If all oncology teams are capped, additional measures will be taken by Joel Katz.
- Day Interns have 1 day off per week when their non-admitting day falls on a Saturday or Sunday
- Twilight intern has 1 day off per week on Sunday
- Day Resident has every Sunday off (covered by WER).
- Onc C/BMT Twilight Resident has every Friday off (covered by WER).
- Daily walk-rounds Monday-Thursday with team attending from 7:30 am onwards
- Friday breakfast in pod B at 7:30 am, Grand Rounds (starting in the fall from 8-9 am), and team rounding afterwards.