Medical Management Leadership Track
The Medical Management Leadership Track provides unique educational experiences at the postgraduate level for physicians with management and/or business interests, including (but not limited to) the increasing number of physicians entering residency with dual M.D. and M.B.A. degrees. The goal of the track is to:
- Train skilled clinicians who practice medicine (cornerstone of residency program);
- Create innovative managers within healthcare systems (scientific framework);
- Promote clinician-manager leadership career paths (elevate healthcare management science).
The program offers a concentrated experience over three years of internal medicine training that includes:
- Longitudinal didactics focusing on meeting heath systems managers and learning core concepts of hospital management.
- Block rotations during junior and senior year in health insurance, health policy, quality improvement, leadership, and drug development and delivery.
- Clinical and administrative mentors representing faculty expertise in hospital administration/delivery, quality improvement, entrepreneurship, technology development, information technology, innovation, biotechnology.
- Participants take on a mentored, longitudinal project focused on solving a specific healthcare delivery problem, especially projects affecting patient care relevant to physicians-in-training.
- A fourth-year advanced management fellowship is available to selected trainees who demonstrate a high level of commitment, aptitude and excellence.